Friday, August 6, 2010

Banana Muffin

My unpredictable toddler had a sudden change in taste this week, and now refuse to eat bananas which used to be her favorite. So, to avoid a waste of throwing rotten bananas, I made some banana muffins - for the first time! Muffins are actually easy to do, but I wasn't into baking before. It was my hubby who bakes often. Love his blueberry muffin. Anyways, I found Giada de Laurentiis' recipe at the Food Network website and did some tweaking on her recipe. I skipped the mascarpone cream frosting (mascarpone's too expensive, and too rich!) but I might try some cream cheese frosting on my next batch.

Banana Muffin

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
2 large eggs
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 large bananas, peeled and mashed

Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper cup liners. (Or you can simply grease the muffin pan, if you don't have paper cup liners.)

Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon in a medium bowl. In a separate bigger bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract. Stir in the mashed bananas in the wet mixture. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until blended. You'll have a pancake batter-like mixture, and it's alright to have a few lumps.

Pour the batter on the muffin cups. Bake the muffins in the middle rack for about 25 minutes. Cool in a wire rack and serve.

Note: For first time bakers like me, you can tell that the muffin is cooked when you insert a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean. If you don't have a wire rack, just let it cool a little bit in the pan and serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment